In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An addiction I passed on...Oh and please buy me the moon...

I decided early last week that I was going to start limiting my daily Starbucks Coffee visits (okay it turned into twice daily). By the time I get my coffee and P and A cookies, my little trips were costing a fortune (times two).

I have been doing a great job of making coffee at home in the morning and I have been trying so hard to avoid it during the day. The drive-up window that is 2 blocks away is way too convenient with two small kids in car seats! Anyway, it has been tough but I have only given into the urge one time in the last week and a half! Last night we were eating dinner and P said, "Mommy, I want to go to Starbucks." I thought I was hearing things but he said it again...loud and clear. My withdrawls are also being felt by my son!! Man! What have I done?

Until the other night when P asked us to buy him the 'Hot Wheel Monster Track' he hasn't asked us directly to buy him anything. Until last night that is....We were driving home and P was looking out the window at the beautiful full moon. He said, "Mommy, please buy me the moon." I had to explain that while I would buy them both the world if I could, the moon just wasn't for sale. Leave it to P to go from asking for a Hot Wheel Track to the moon.

4 comments:

Jes said...

Congrats on breaking your addiction! I know it must be hard. So funny that your addiction has become hard for P to overcome too :)

Alicia said...

I miss our Starbucks runs! I love it that Pierson asked for the moon. There is actually one for sale at Target. You can hang it on the wall and it has a remote to light it up. EJ has one and loves it!

sgille said...

Are we going to Starbucks, and then Target tonight? Hehehehhehe, just kidding. How cute! By the way, Where did Addie get that cute doll?

Unknown said...

wow thats lame that you and my mom can meet up and im stuck in ohio.
:( granted i love it here, but still. anyways SOOO cute pierson asked for the moon! <3