In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Monday, November 10, 2008

Anxiously waiting for baby #3

As all of you blog readers know (since you are all close friends and family), we have loved the name Malia (Maylia being our spelling) since we were knocked up with P. Anyway, as thrilled as we are that Obama has won the election, we are a little frustrated that Malia's the name of one of his daughters. We are hearing it on the news, reading it in the paper, AGGGGHHHH!!

Anyway, after much thought (and with the arrival coming at any time), we decided we are going to stick to the name Maylia since it has been on our baby name list since 2004!! We love the name, have always loved the name and I have my old blog (dated 7/9/08) to prove we loved the name loooong before it stumbled into households via the media!! Hell, we loved the name looooong before most people even knew who Obama was....let alone his daughter!!

I reviewed the top girl names of 2007 just to make sure I am going to be fine with our baby girls name making the list for 2008 and after careful review, I am over it. I love all the names on the 2007 list and who the hell cares about the top baby name list?? Not something I give much thought when I hear the names of new babies!!

PLUS, since the name has been on our list for so long and we happen to be blessed with a new baby girl the same month Obama made history, seems meant to be in my book!!

Stay tuned for updates on the arrival of Maylia Lucille!!

Top 10 Names for 2007 (according to Social Security Administration)
Female names (And by the way, she still won't make the list for 2008 because of our spelling)

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/
1
Emily
2
Isabella
3
Emma
4
Ava
5
Madison
6
Sophia
7
Olivia
8
Abigail
9
Hannah
10
Elizabeth

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful name! If you have been in love with it since 2004 I say go for it! I was the same way with all my girls. If the name was too popular I didn't want it for them. I don't think Maliya is popular yet. It might be in the future but your beautiful baby girl will have it first!

Victoria said...

it is a very pretty name...i can't wait to see the little cutie that goes along with the name!

Jes said...

Abby's name is on the list and I don't care. I like the name and the spelling. Can't wait to see her soon!

Jen said...

Thanks for the great comments!! This was the last thing I wanted to be thinking about one week before giving birth!!! You guys rock...you guys also rock for making comments on my blog.

Alicia said...

The M family loves the name. When EJ heard Obama's daughter's name he said, "hey, isn't that P's baby's name!?" She will always be the first Maylia for us!

Jen said...

I am so glad EJ knows what's up...LOL!!