13 Inevitable things that happen living with kids and dogs...
1. When one kids falls asleep, another wakes up
2. In the off chance they are all sleeping, it is inevitable that the doorbell will ring and wake everyone up
3. When one kid has a toy, it suddenly looks desiresble for another one
4. No matter where I am parked in the house, the kids or dogs always manage to stumble over my folded laundry pile
5. Whenever I move an area rug, a dog or kid seem to find it necessary to stand on it...not even on purpose which would somehow make it less annoying
6. If I clean the floors on my hands and knees, it will rain within 36 hours and make muddy paws and feet
7. If I tell someone my kids are healthy, someone will be sick within a couple days
8. If the kids sheets are clean, someone's pull-up will leak that night
9. If I take the carseats out and clean them really good, someone will have an accident the next day
10. If I clean the playroom and sort everything, one of the kids will feel the need to 'dump' toys later the same day
11. If I put toys in the giveaway pile, they suddenly seem fun to play with....even though they weren't touched for months
12. If the kids get a nice new toy, all they want to do is play with the box
13. If I wake up early to have private time, everyone will wake up early that day too AND if we have somewhere to go in the morning, everyone will sleep late
www.thursday-13.com
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
It is amazing that you have been a "mom" for not even 4 full years and you are right on with all of these!
Yeah, no one warned me either that Mom's world is grimy. Although with the reputation diapers have, I should have known.
Mom's life is one eternal round of the same tasks. Those little "I love you, moms" and handprint pictures are big payoffs, though.
Its called love and job security :) being a MOM gotta love it!!
I absolutely love the picture of your dogs and bird!
Amazing how Tom Sawyer harnessed the awesome power of kid logic to get painting a fence to be the most desirable thing in the universe...The give-away-toy pile has the same logic...
Yup! Been there done that.
Like to say it will get easier as they get older, but truth be known, it doesn't lol
Happy T13!
yeah... mommy moments! :D
Sounds about right! :-)
a list full of charm and wisdom. my boys (biological and canine), when both were little, used to scream in unison everytime i played the piano to relax. they never do that when i'm preparing their food. happy thursday.
So true!! I know that if I praise my daughter for her good health and think we've been blessed, the next minute, she sneezes!!
The third one on your list made me giggle....so true, so true.
My 13 is posted. Either use the link provided at the top of my Thursday blog or scroll down to the bottom of the entry. It’s English for Dummies!…..fun. Have a great day.
Love it- when a kid falls asleep another one wakes up :)
Every single one - so true!! And sadly (or maybe not so sadly) those moments continue. Well - the leaky pull-ups stop but you get other fun mommy moments as they get older. Wait till you have four of them all attending the same high school!
Been there - done that!
Happy TT- Thanks for sharing.
I totally agree!
Lol! Makes me glad I'm not a mom. Sounds like a definitely hectic life. Happy Thursday!
Thursday 13 - edition 7
101 Things About Me
Post a Comment