For example some creations from the past...
Unicorn = Horsey-corn
Mouse = Bunny-rat
Anyway, the other day we were at the grocery store and the person checking us out was like Pat from SNL. S/he was very nice yet unidentifiable and her/his name tag said Jamie. I wouldn't have even noticed her appearance but my little A had to embarrass the heck out of me.
Not until she was handing Jamie candy did she really get a good look at her. She said in the sweetest (loudest and clearest) voice, 'HI LADY-MAN!!' Once wasn't good enough so she said it a few more times. Mortified yet amused would describe me feelings!! I truly think (or choose to believe) Jamie had no idea what A was saying.
---------------------------------
While we are on the topic of A, I have one more story to tell. I really didn't want to blog about this because it was so embarrassing but what the heck....
This story begins the night before the main event. Sistah Jeezy and I had a little spat about what to call private parts. I use the actual term for the vagina and penis. Those are the actual words, it is not like I am using some vulgar terminology here...Anyway, my sister (whose kids are in college) couldn't believe I used the real term. I told her once she wrote a book on parenting, I would listen to her advice. Jeezy likes confrontation and likes to get the last words in a fight so she said before we hung up, 'Fine but A is going to embarrass you one day!'
Fast forward to 12 hours later...I was purchasing an iPhone and needless to say the ATT store was packed to the gills with customers and employees. The man that was helping us was nice enough but lacked smiles and warm and fuzzies for the 3 children I dragged into the store with me. We were almost in the clear...he was ringing up my total - hmmmmmmm - what is up with her and the flare-ups while people ring us up???
Anyway, A looked up at him and in her sweet, loud and clear voice, she said without taking a breath....
Do you have a penis? (Sensing the shock on his face she felt the need to clarify why she was asking) My daddy has a penis and my brother has a penis and my mommy...she has a 'gina and I have a 'gina too...sooooo, do you have a penis?
Oh the joys of parenting!!

4 comments:
I still think it is better to use the real word than some nutty word bobs instead of boobs. I'd feel worse if she yelled out do you have a willy or something and you have to try to explain.
her made up words are awesome! made me laugh. A has quite the funny bone and the embarassing bone :)
Awesome!!!!
Oh my goodness..!! Sounds so funny..but I guess it can be quite embarassing for u at that time..
Post a Comment