In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Anniversary? What Anniversary?

On the way home from work yesterday at 4pm, P and A fell asleep in the car, transported into the house and slept until 6pm. I tried to wake them but they were knocked out. So instead of resting myself or cleaning, I decided to catch up on episodes of Weeds. I watched 3 1/2 episodes and then came to my senses that while this is fun and games now, trying to get them to sleep was going to be a far cry from the relaxation I was feeling at the moment. Anyway, I woke up the kids and we ended up having a fine dining experience at Noodles and Company and by the way - - they serve wine! It was a beautiful night. We took a nice walk after dinner and let P run around. (He loves to run now - he goes 'running' with his daddy and by the way, he runs fast)!

Later that evening while back at home, I found myself in the steamy shower giving a good back scrubbing to THE DOG!! Chino decided 10pm last night was a fabulous time to roll in something HORRIBLE in the yard and run back in to share it with her pack! When I say she smelled horrible, I am putting it lightly. It was the worst smell ever! The whole time I was thinking, 'thank G-d I am not pregnant right now' because that smell would have been even worse then unbearable. After cleaning the darn dog, scrubbing the heck out of the bathroom and myself as well, it was time to go to bed!! (I thought about taking a picture of her nasty dirty neck or her in the bath but came to my senses)!

I put the baby gate up so the wet dog and her four legged siblings, couldn't get into the room while we slept. At any rate, Chino sat outside the gate and cried last night!! Until I get her to Petsmart for a real bath, she is on her own at night!! And since misery loves company, I figured the other two pups could keep her company.

Anniversary? What Anniversary? Although I have to say, I would be very sad if we were celebrating our wedding Anniversary and didn't have the confusion that comes along with the territory! This is what I thrive off of every day! The more hectic, the happier I am!!

1 comment:

Jes said...

At least you got to go out for dinner right? And good to know why your dogs were making so much noise last night, perhaps that is why I didn't sleep well. just Kidding!