Why is it that routine is good for kids but gets us adults into trouble?
R always puts my keys and my computer in the car on the mornings that I work. This morning, P was having a fit because he wanted chocolate milk. I had to put some stuff in the car so I carried A with me and put some stuff in the front seat. The second I was about to walk back up the steps I heard a SLAM and thought to myself HELL NO! I ran back to the car to get the keys and of course they were not in the car. I ran back to the door and told P to turn the handle. No go - that didn't work. I could see my cell phone ringing and could see the words 'Hubby' on the screen. I tried to tell P to grab the phone and open it but no go with that either. Amazing - he answers the darn phone the times I don't want him to answer. I thought about going to my neighbor's house (yeah you JB) but then thought despite it being two doors down, it seemed painfully far away with a 2 year old in the house alone. I waited for R to come home from walking the dogs and waited and waited and waited. I thought about going to Z's house but that too seemed too far away. I was panicking but trying to stay calm. Whenever I would look in the window, P would yell, 'I want chocolate milk.' I was actually glad he was hanging on tight to the Ovaltine container - if his hot little hands were on the can, he wouldn't touch anything else. Anyway I decided to just watch him in the window and wait for R to get done walking the dog. Right when I walked up to the door to accept defeat, he turned the knob. I stuck my foot in the door so he couldn't shut it again. He looked at me and said, 'can I have chocolate milk now?'
So, tomorrow I will not count on my keys being in the car, nor will I run out to the car.........without unlocking the door first of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, did he get the milk? All good parents are never above bribes.
Post a Comment