In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pull it to your chest and go....

that's right work your body....No I haven't lost my mind. I am having thoughts of old Jane Fonda videos. Videos I can do at home without having to drag my children with me to burn some calories. CRAP is all I have to say!! This morning was a morning from hell but I will have you all know, I managed to get 28 minutes of cardio in at the gym! My heart was pumping before I even got on the machine but let's not get ahead of myself here.

We pull up to the gym, get out of the car and are halfway to the front door when P decided "I WANT TO GO HOME" and dashes through the parking lot. Of course, I ran after him and grabbed his neck...I mean his hand! : ) Anyway, I start walking him, albeit, pulling him towards the front door until SNAP. He breaks lose and we are once again dashing to the car. This charade went on for a good 15 minutes. Normally I would pick him up and get him in BUT with the kids puffy coats on, they have an advantage over me for the next 6 months, 1/2 year...YIKES is that how long winter will last?

It didn't get any prettier once we got inside. I will spare you the details but it was not pretty. At one point I decided that we would just go home but with my heart racing and my hands shaking, I decided P would be much safer with the gym staff at the nursery!! Needless to say, he was fine once he got there.

When we left the gym, the same thing happened except this time the 'little sweetie' didn't want to leave the gym. Anyway, 2 hours at the gym and 28 minutes of cardio...you do the math!! He fell asleep shortly after we got in the car. I am going to chalk this episode up to being tired and two years old and PRAY that it doesn't happen tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jes said...

Good for you getting to the gym!!! I figure the parking lot was your warm up. Hope next time it is less warm up and more work out.