In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Wednesday, August 19, 2009

13 things I loved about being in the northwoods last week!!

Since the spring of 1975, we have been heading north to Uncle Bill's paradise in the northwoods. Minus a few years (getting married, prego, A's stitches) I didn't make it, we have been going every year. With every crunch of the gravel road under the car, you are more and more eager to get to the end of the quarter mile long road and see the houses and the lake. Every tree along the road wraps around you and hugs you, reminding you of all the love a family has to offer. You can feel the energy of every person that ever lived and loved Minocqua!! The only word that comes to mind is magical....

Uncle Bill and his generosity


The ones that bring it all together


Exploring


The many branches of the family tree


Time to reflect on the little things


The family that keeps groooowing


P celebrating his 4th b-day at the greatest place on earth


Cousin time


Mommy time


Fun (character building) games...I swear he loved it!! (See video below)


Being silly


Spending time with the two people that made us the fun loving people we are today


Boat rides




3 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I LOVE the family tree photo!!! What a great caption for it...it's perfect.

My Thursday 13 is now posted...I feel the need for speed!!! You're invited to join me if you'd like! See ya at my place!! Have a great day.

Happily Retired Gal said...

Lovely photos illustrating your wonderful time with family in the woods! Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

You all look like you had a great time - can I come along next time?

BTW, I love the foot picture, I don't know why but it just looks vacation-y, lol.

I'm off on food again with mine: Thirteen Favorite Things I Ordered at the Corner Lunch Counter - you know me and food!