In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Monday, August 24, 2009

Remember Harold and the Purple Crayon?

Well, today we had a newer edition of the old favorite at our house!! Forget Harold and the Purple Crayon, today it was A and the Green Crayon.

I was cleaning and not entirely paying attention to A and P who were 'supposed' to be watching a movie in my room. Baby Beau was fast asleep in her crib. Anyway, A walked up to me and said, 'Mommy, I drew on your new bed!' I thought I was hearing things but A speaks so clearly that 'thinking' I heard her say something is the same thing as 'thinking' you smell dog poo...no such thing as thinking. Anyway, I peek in my room and low and behold, she drew on my new bed.

I took the crayons away for about five minutes. The entire time she cried. I gave them back with strict instructions to only use them on paper. I went to the bathroom, came back and there were crayon marks all over my bedroom tv!! I took the crayons away again and for no other reason than the fact that I was trying to clean, I gave them back again.

30 minutes later, P and I were struggling through a time out and I looked up and the pack n' play had green crayon all over the netting. I bought that brand new for Beau knowing we would have one more. Aggghhhhhh!!

Needless to say they are hidden now!!!!


-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Jes said...

Oh no! What a stinker. I remember a time my little brother drew with black sharpie all over my comforter and other items in my bedroom. I was pissed. Good move on taking the crayons away...finally.