In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Are you on duty BABE?


I warned R that he would be the topic of my blog this morning and here it goes. Last night we are all in the family room. The kids are playing on the floor, R is watching football and I decide to go on the computer and do a blog posting. I figured there are two parents in the room - the one watching football can also watch the kids. I have to admit, he is getting better at multi-tasking but he is not there yet. Close but not there.

Every time I would look at the computer, he would say, 'J - watch it' or 'J-Here comes P - watch A' or my favorite 'Babe.' The one word alert to get my attention. Okay, if you are watching the kids, WATCH THE DARN KIDS!! Don't harass me!! I finally decided that posting a blog, looking at email or catching up on my friends' blogs were pointless. I would have to save it for a work day.

So, I get back on the floor with the kids. It is then that R decided he is still on duty and continues with his 'J - watch it' or 'J-Here comes P - watch A' and my favorite 'Babe.' I try to explain to R that the kids survive the other 99.5% of the time they are under my watchful eyes so he need NOT warn me when I have a two year old barreling at my 9 month old at full force. No shit babe - here comes P after A because she is touching the Mickey Mouse Playhouse. Here he comes because she is crawling towards something and we are not sure what it is!! Most of the time, P is very nice to her so I like to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until the last possible second before I pick A up out of the ring. I have taught P that if she has something he wants, he needs to replace a toy for her in her hand right away before snatching his toy away from her. Plus, A can hold her own. She is like a little Weeble when he tries to push her away from the Playhouse. She bounces right back up and grabs what she wants. She even grunts now and pounds her hands when he makes her mad. Great - my 9 month old is having little fits already! My little Ms. King Kong does not mess around.

I guess the moral of this post is that us girls can hold our own! I am handling my business and so is A! We got it under control!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hysterical. I know first hand what A wants A gets. It's amazing how inept the males can seem when they have to take over for 5 minutes, or how much an expert they become...telling us what's what. Good thing we have each other to laugh about it with!