In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Sunday, September 14, 2008

A new member of the household...

As I stated on my facebook status today, I am starting to feel like I live on Noah's Ark, being stuck in the house because of the rain with three dogs, a parrot, the husband and the kids.....


Parrot???? You may be asking yourself.....YES PARROT!!!


Since R and I started dating in 1995, I told him I had a parrot that lived with my parents but would one day live with us....well last week it happened! My little 'Boss' came to live with us!! P and A are so excited, the dogs will have to adjust (especially our little loving nut Chino), R took it like a champ (although claims he didn't believe me until the parrot was in the front seat on the way to our house that he was really coming to live with us)!


Anyway, Boss has been a part of my life for the last 14 years and I am very happy that the little guy is now living with us. He is so much fun. His exceptional talking skills keep the kids entertained but we will have to work on some of the bad words he has picked up over the years living with my dad!! Just with one parrot alone in the house, I don't know how the heck my mom has done such a FABULOUS job with 3 parrots for the last 14 years (Thanks Mommy)!! P truly is beside himself that Boss really does live at our house now...unlike his dad, he believed me when I kept saying the bird would soon be a member of our household!!


By the way, Chino has done nothing but bark at the bird since he arrived and Boss has done nothing but call her a 'BITCH' and bark back!! Oh how I AM LOVING THE CONFUSION!!!!!



You can just see the excitement in P's eyes...

The kids are so happy their little feathered bro has joined the crew...

Two of the pups are thinking feathered meal - NOT feathered bro...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your house is starting to sound like mine! We need an arch for all of our animals and now all the rain!!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are feeling well.

Victoria said...

fun! at least you and the kids are excited!

Jes said...

Can't wait for the video for Boss talking with the kids.