In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Careful what you wish for...

The other day I found myself questioning G-d outloud, 'Please G-d what does it take to get some quiet around here? Please G-d just give me three hours every few years at least'.....and three hours I received...I was in the ER from 10:30-1:30 last night.

Backing up....
We are watching my mom's dog Klondike. For those that don't know Klondike, you need to know only two things...
ONE - R and I got Klondike right after we graduated college. She was the apple of our eye until around 6 years later, Nonie stole her.
TWO - If Nonie were giving the choice between Klondike and her own flesh and blood (pun intended), let's just say her decision would have paws.

Anyway, long story short, Klondike was hanging at our house last night and one of our three dogs, Chino, decided to get protective of her territory. I stepped in and pulled Chino off Klondike and while I lifted Chino, her tooth got stuck in my hand and ripped open.

Klondike had minor scratching around her eyes so hubby dropped me off at the ER to get stitched up and then met Jeezie at the Animal ER to have Klondike looked at by the professionals.

Oh and then today, I got stung by a bee.


Finding humor...The dog wallpaper in the ER room....



The IV of meds....


They shaved around her eyes...She looks sad in this pic but she was sleeping...


Our war wounds...



Some TLC....


The bee bite...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stung too? I my G-D is right. Tehe, I am still up and have A's phone...

Victoria said...

yikes! glad you are both better and healing up!