In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mooooommmmmm...




Let me set the stage, toys all over the playroom (a.k.a. - dining room), television blaring, 21 month old with her big bro's spiderman socks pulled up to her knees and his (clean) underwear on her head...me, zoned out on the computer, leaning into my laptop screen and typing away.

"Mom, MOM, MMMMOOOMMMMM" I could hear my son saying but I hate to admit it, I was ignoring him because I was very absorbed in cyberworld! Finally I look at him and he is pointing to the sliding glass door, which is DIRECTLY behind where I was sitting. Thinking he was pointing at a goose, deer or duck, I slowly turned my head only to see my neighbor standing there with 5 juicy tomatoes in her hands and smiling! The dogs were going ballistic, because after all, someone was standing at our backdoor. I was trying to lock them up while they barked, snarled and jumped at the glass. Finally she tapped on the door and pointed for me to come out...DUH!! Why hadn't I thought of that? What a concept, just to leave my house!! Of course the kids all fumbled out the door behind me. Anyway, now we have fresh tomatoes for dinner!!

When we came in the house, I was loading the dryer and P asked if we were going to make fresh salsa with the tomatoes, 'Ahhhhhhh, no sweetie! I am not making fresh salsa with the 'garden fresh' tomatoes the neighbor just brought over. There is perfectly 'fresh' salsa from Aldi in the fridge...let me just check the date!! Don't get me confused with Martha Stewart honey!'

No comments: