In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My safe place

Baby Bow, whose name will be Maylia, has been super active the last couple days!! Needless to say, so have P and A! I can't believe P is still technically 2 and we are knocked up with the third!! Just how we planned we were going to build our family since meeting in 95...I figured after almost one decade of courting before marriage, we would be dragging our feet on babies too!! Not the case....

I love being a mom and would have half a dozen kids if my significant other (husband, sperm donor, roommate, etc.) did not put a halt on baby-making after four. All I can do now is pray for twins the next time around to score an exta one!!

ANYWAY, this morning was very trying. Work is my safe place today. My sanctuary. Now that I am snug at my desk, I can type my posting in peace!! I was up very late gabbing with my good friend and folding laundry only to wake up at 5:45 this morning so I could take a shower in peace before waking the crew, getting them ready and heading to work. PEACE my ass (excuse the language)!! P woke up with vengeance!! He was in rare form this morning. Nothing like a good whine outside my shower door. He whined all the way to Nonie's house and like magic once we walked through the magical doors...the spell was reversed! He was super happy and back to himself!!

Thank goodness for Nonie days were I can go to work and rejuvenate as a mommy!!

2 comments:

Jes said...

Does Nonie have a say on how many kids she will watch? You might want to check with her before you hope for twins :)

Victoria said...

what a pretty name for baby bow!