Our wireless connection on the laptop is shot so no computer downstairs means no posts.....Getting upstairs to use the desktop does not happen too often.
Last week I woke up early (6:15) to go to Jewel by myself...well, it didn't happen. P woke up and wanted to go with me. I had no problem with having him come with but I have to admit, I was a little excited to explore the aisles of Jewel without having to hear about the 3 year old needs of sugar cereal, toys and anything else he could muster up the thought of 'needing' before 7am. Anyway, he was on his best behavior and followed me around the store without a single complaint.
Needless to say, the store was empty for the most part. I was looking for turkey hotdogs with cheese and asked the lady that was stocking the shelves if they carried them. She had a very short haircut and when she answered she had the voice of a hardcore smoker/drinker (no offense to anyone reading this - - I too have a raspy voice but this was a whole new ballgame). Anyway, P looked at her and asked me a little too loudly if she was a man or a woman. I tried to ignore him but that wasn't a good plan. The question just got louder.
After I recovered from the first loud question and we were several aisles away, a cute old lady walked by us. She was a little taller than P (no kidding) and round in a very cute way. When she walked by she smiled so sweetly and said hello to my lovely (loud) son. Her voice was very high pitched...again, in a very cute way. Two seconds later, my son (that apparently swallowed a microphone) asked if she was a girl or lady. I tried the ignoring thing again but he only got louder...do I ever learn?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is funny. I too so love how loud their voices get as mine gets softer.
Post a Comment