In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The promise of flowers...




I bribe my kids from time to time. I know it's not right. I know the experts frown upon it but I do it, it works, and it makes me feel really good and really in control!!

Well, P has caught on to the bribing side of things around here and decided to try it out on busy mommy today...and it worked. Aren't I too smart for these child-like antics?

I was rushing around the kitchen this morning doing my usual spin cleaning. Spin cleaning by the way is when I clean up one thing, turn around clean something else, turn again and clean the same thing I just cleaned.

Anyway, P wanted me to open something and I kept putting him off. Then in a sweet little voice, he said, 'Mommy, if you do it, I will buy you flowers. I can go with Daddy to get them!'

Wow, if that didn't stop me in my tracks and turn me to putty!!!

Fast forward to now.....P had a time-out for pushing his sister and when he was done with it he said, 'I am not going to buy your flowers anymore!'

1 comment:

Victoria said...

oh and you were so close to getting flowers :) what a cutie P is!