In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another rescue story...

Mom, the kids and I were running very late for my niece's graduation this weekend so to say seeing two dogs running down the highway was a nuisance is an understatement. Of course I put on my rescue cape and made a quick u-turn but the there was already a lady parked in the middle of the highway trying to scurry them into the car. We pulled over and asked her if she needed help and she said yes. We got them in the car, pulled into a parking lot and tried to call the number on the dog tag. Since one dog didn't have a tag and they were running together, we assumed the dogs belonged to the same people. Anyway, the lady that answered the 'dog tag' number, met us to pick up her pups. She was walking up to the car and we told her that her dogs were in the backseat. She looked at us baffled and said, 'Ummmmmm, I only have one dog!!'




Thinking....Okay lady, now you have two because I am running late for a graduation and I need to go!!!

Anyway, she offered to take the other dog with her and said she'd call if she couldn't find the pup's family. All is well, ends well, the dog happened to live a few doors down from her and was safely reunited with the family.

By the way, they had an un-neutered male and the other dog was a female in heat....lesson 101, 102 and 103...GET YOUR DOGS FIXED, KEEP THEM ON A LEASH AND FOR THE LOVE OF G-D, DON'T MATE YOUR DOGS!!!

No comments: