The other night, I was talking to my four year old daughter, A. She told me she didn't want to grow up. At first I told her not to worry because she had many years to enjoy her childhood. She didn't buy it....she looked at me with her big brown eyes and said, 'fine, you know what? You and daddy always tell me to eat so I grow tall and strong...well, I am just NOT going to eat!' Worried we would have a 'starvation protestor' on our hands by daybreak, I quickly confessed every parents dirty little secret...it didn't matter if she ate all the food on her plate or not, she was growing up either way - malnourished perhaps but still growing up!
She stared at me for a couple seconds and said, 'FINE FINE FINE...I will grow up one day BUT I will NOT make ANYONE dinner and I will NOT have ANY kids!!!
Wow, I guess running the household doesn't appear to appealing for my little darling.

While we are on the topic of A and her view on domestic chores, the other night she came up to me and said, 'I saw a needle on tv that you can use to make blankets, hats and shirts!! You should buy it!!!' Right A, except I am MOMMY not MARTHA!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
You are hillarious. I love your blog!
Post a Comment