In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Saturday, May 31, 2008

Daddy looks like an ass

I was back and forth about posting this because it is so naughty and embarrassing and at the same time somehow HILARIOUS!!

R and I both had eye exams today and being prego I opted not to have my eyes dilated. R on the other hand had no excuse to get out of it. For those blessed with good eyes, when they dilate your eyes, your vision gets very blurry (to say the least) and your eyes are super sensitive to light for several hours. Once the doc puts in the drops, you have to wait about 10 minutes for your eyes to get dilated enough for the doctor to run the test.

Anyway, the kids were of course with us (the damn live-in nanny won't work on weekends - KIDDING). We picked the day the eye place got new computers and were super slow and after a couple of hours, the kids were getting restless. We decided to bring the kids to the car and take turns checking out. After R had his eyes dilated, the doctor gave him 'super loser looking' sunglasses to wear outside. R then came out to the car (with the glasses on) to wait out the ten minutes so I could go check out.

My point....
R got in the car and P said, 'Daddy, you look like an ass!' When I got back in the car R told me very discreetly what P said and I told him he must have misunderstood him because I have NEVER heard him say anything like that prior to this day!! Plus, I doubted he would say it in perfect context because R did look like an ass.

Anyway, we were driving home and P said, 'Mommy, daddy looks like an ass in those glasses.' I ignored him only to hear it again. Okay, so no mom of year award.....I couldn't stop laughing to tell him how bad it was to say that word. All I could get out was 'P that is so......'

P then said, 'Oh sorry Mommy, don't say that, right? I meant Daddy looks like a butt!!'

THE ASS...

2 comments:

Jes said...

You know, now that I think about it,P might be gifted after all :)

Victoria said...

that is too funny