Anyway, I told A to pick out a book and I would read it to her. Coming back with her top pick in hand she said, 'READ THE MONSTER ONE!' I looked up only to see A Children's Book of Prayers in her hands. After looking at the cover I realized she was indeed talking about.....JESUS!! He is standing behind the children on the cover and embracing them from above. I suppose to a young child it looks like he is creeping up on them and not protecting them! Whatever her thought process, time to start attending mass again!!!

While I am on the topic of books, I was reading the kids one of their million books and stumbled upon a page that labeled items and people on a farm. Next to the clothesline there was a woman hanging up some clothes and next to her was the label housewife. I am not sure why but it struck me as very funny and so 1950's all at the same time! Clearly she could have some other label!!
3 comments:
that A is sure funny! love the new pic of baby beau!
hiiii im going to be up ALL night wooo! :)
by the way i nearly peed my pants when i read this! ha.
When I first started teaching it was at a small Catholic school and all the materials were straight from the 1800's. One day we were looking though an old box of flashcards we found and it was a picture of a man and woman hugging with an arrow to the woman.
Flip it over ---- wife.
It made us laugh really hard, too.
Post a Comment