Last night all was going well until about hmmmm....4am! A appeared at the side of the bed (my side of course) and said she wanted to lay next to me. I was overtired and getting ready to feed the baby so I told her to climb in bed. I was in no mood to fight with a 2 year old.
Anyway, I was nursing the baby toward the center of the bed and A climbed in right next to her (baby in the middle). I decided to nurse the baby on the other side(for safety reasons - after all A is pretty wild. The second and I mean SECOND I moved the baby to the other side, A burrowed her little head into my neck and BARFED!! Yes she barfed all over me, all over her, all over the bed, pillow, etc. She barfed on everything except the baby and R!!
Needless to say, A and I ended up in the shower at 4:15 in the morning. And I will add that it was the most relaxing shower I have had in months, possibly years. I had to wake up R to get A and dry her off so I could scrub barf off my hair in peace! It was the first time nobody was harrassing me through the glass shower door!! P was sleeping, M was sleeping (little belly full), A was being dried off and R wouldn't have the nerve to hurry up a shower in which I was removing barf!! Hey, you take what you can get when you can get it!! : )
And by the way, she was fine today!! Tired from getting up so early but fine...no fever, no barfing, nothing....UNTIL now!! She climbed in my lap while I was typing this and she feels warm! Just in time for her sister's Baptism Sunday!! Did I say something about loving confusion???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahaha! That was too funny - most relaxing shower is when you clean off barf in the middle of the night. Perfect plan! I will have to tell my harried friend about that - she is a first time mom of twin boys just over a month old. She doesn't get showers very often ;0)
oh yuck! glad the shower was relazing though :) hope you all stay healthy for M's baptism!!
Post a Comment