In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Friday, April 16, 2010

GOOOOD EVENING FELLOW PROCRASTINATORS...

I am a procrastinator and my relaxed nature annoys my husband to say the least but heck, it has come in very helpful with 3 kids so close in age...probably the reason I want more!! Anyway, I don't see the point in laying my clothes out the night before, looking for something to wear to an event the moment I get the invite, etc. While I have had many stressed out nights (and mornings) of an event, I work best under pressure and it has proven very effective in real life.

Last night (April 15th) at 8:15, I called Mr. Planner Hubby and asked him if he would find a post office that was open late so he could mail my taxes when he got home. BLAH BLAH BLAH - I have heard it all before - he complained about me waiting until the last second, etc. So I told the kids to jump in the car (in their jammies and no shoes)so we could hunt for a post office. FYI - I did look online but the search was bringing up places in the city. Anyway, we all jump in the car in our jammies - including me! We were almost out of our neighborhood when I happened to notice an annoying orange light flashing - whoooops, if only everything in my life had a flashing light to remind me of things!! GAS!! Shoot!! Instead of stressing out (which is what I think Hubby thinks someone should do) I laughed! This is so me!! I had to fill up my empty tank in order to go find a post office to mail my EXTENSION (not even completed taxes) before the April 15th deadline!!!

All is well - the first post office I went to was open. I soon realized I had to take everyone out of the car to actually mail the letter inside. Whoooops - everyone was in jammies and just to add to the trashy look of us, nobody had shoes on either. I walked into the post office only to be greeted by about 40 other procrastinators. Of course, instead of shutting my mouth, mailing the letter and getting out of dodge without being noticed, I opened the door and said 'GOOOOD EVENING FELLOW PROCRASTINATORS!!' Nobody thought I was funny which humored me even more!!

Anyway, tank filled, taxes sent and all is well!! SO THERE BABE.......

No comments: