The other night A slipped (on nothing) and ran into the coffee table. She got herself right on her check but closer to her eye. She bruised almost right away but after ice, TLC and a pep talk, she appeared to be recovering nicely until of course I added this to the end of my talk….’'Honey, you just lost your balance!’ She burst out crying and started doing the toe dance (you know the one, the tiptoe tantrum/cry, like when you stub your toe.) Anyway, I was concerned she really did a number on her check until she was able to compose herself enough to cry/whine, ‘AGGGGGHHHHH, FIND IT, FIND IT, I WANT MY BALANCE BACK!!! FIND MY BALANCE!! WHERE IS IT?’ I told her to stand on one foot and she would find her balance and she refused. She wanted me to find her balance first. We played a good old-fashioned game of Simon Says and when I said ‘stand on one foot,’ she not only found her balance but she was also out of the game!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment