In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lost in the Moment

When my sister's (Shillary) daughter was a toddler she mentioned in passing one day that once you have kids you start to view things through their eyes and the magic of everything comes back to you. The magic of Santa, the Easter Bunny, haunted houses, a candy store, apple orchards, the toy store, etc. I agreed with her and thought I knew the exact feeling she was explaining.

I didn't really think about it again until P and A started getting a little older and a little more hip to the world around them. I have to say, she is so right. There is a shift in the brain after having kids and you truly see things through their eyes and somehow the world becomes a much more magical place. Unless you are at the toy store and spending way too much money.

I don't mean to make this a deep thinking blog. Actually I am at work today and I happened to look online (for three minutes) at swing set accessories. I started 'sending items to my cart' and toggling through different sites with an excitement that was almost unnecessary. We need a disc swing, and a spring swing and let's not forget the glider. Who knew there were so many different accessories for a swing set? Kettler is even in on the action with a Gondola swing for the mere asking price of $199.99. I was on a role and had to stop myself until I was home and the kids were asleep and I could lose myself on the Creative Swing Set website.

I am just amazed that instead of wanting to get a new cell phone, a high-tech camera (OKAY - WAIT- I still want that) or the latest i-pod, I want swing set accessories, new dolls and new hot wheel cars!

Moments over - Back to work I go....

No comments: