In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Only a fellow 'contact wearer' would understand....

I have had one of those days and it isn't even 2pm!! YIKES!!! Actually, the universe was working it's way against me yesterday but I didn't even realize it until today!!!

Yesterday morning I decided to change my contacts. I opened my contact bag and realized I had 3 left eye lenses and only 2 right eye lenses. I put my contacts in but for some reason, I didn't realize for a few minutes that my right eye contact wasn't in my eye. Too late - I couldn't find that little lens anywhere!!! I opted for 'screw it' and used my last right eye lens. All day my eye felt weird but with the hustle of life in general, I didn't do anything about it. Way to many 'needs of others' to think about a little piece of flexible plastic in my eye.

That night while running around, my right eye felt weird. I was seeing halos on every light while I drove and a weird reflection when cars passed by me....FYI - No drugs or alcohol were involved. When I got home, I took my contacts out and didn't think much about it.

This morning I woke up and put on my contacts. My right eye hurt again but I had bigger issues. P didn't want to wake up for preschool and declared he wasn't going today. After my hour battle with Mr. Stubborn, I was more than eager to get out of the house! As an added perk, hubby was home so I was able to leave with only one kiddo today! My plan was to escape during the two hours P is in school and run some errands...ALONE!!! My contact was the last thing on my mind UNTIL I left his school and realized there was an annoying blur on my right eye. After ten minutes with my mind racing with health scare thoughts, I pulled over and took it out of my eye to investigate. There was a frickin' tear right in the center of my contact lens.

Simple fix for most - for Jenny, not so much!! The kids broke the 'leg' on the side of one of my glasses for the millionth time several months ago. I only wear them at night in the privacy of my own home so I balance them on my nose. I have been meaning to replace them but like I said, the needs of others come first...and I am not complaining about that - just explaining! Anyway, I had to go home and put on those horrible glasses. So I was forced to put on glasses that make me dizzy, annoyed and frustrated!!






By the time I got home, I had time for a quick shower before I had to run out the door to get P at school. I walked in to his class and the teacher called him off the rug to come to me and he said, 'MOMMY - WHY DO YOU LOOK SO WEIRD??' Oh how special!!! The honesty of those little critters amaze me!!!

If this is the worst that happens to me this week, I am good to go but man..........

No comments: