In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Thursday, April 22, 2010

Family dynamics

I had to write a letter for my sister for a project. I loved my introduction so much that I thought I would share it with all my blog readers!! I really feel like I was able to capture the energy and dynamics of my family!! Perhaps my words will find their way into the book I am writing too!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I always thought the house on Big Oak was magical and held the secrets of family, life, love and laughter. When mom and dad sold the house, I realized the magic of it all was held inside each of us, not the walls of the house. I realized what mom and dad planted in all of us was something that could be harvested anywhere, not just on Big Oak. I began to take a deeper look at everything around us and everything we had to be thankful for in this world. I began to feel so blessed that mom and dad were healthy and moving somewhere with their own freewill. I looked at our entire family helping out, pitching in, and enjoying every second of being a part of such a loving group. I felt so happy and so proud. I took a close look at each part of our family and realized if someone was observing us, they wouldn’t be able to identify the sister, mom, wife, brother, dad, husband, brother-in-law, uncle, cousin, niece or nephew. We all blend as one despite age, gender or the position in the family. We are all always there for one whether it be for a ride somewhere, a Starbucks run, a much needed ‘family-time’ vacation or a simple bitch-fest phone conversation. We are lucky that we will never be alone; we will all always have each other, all 26+ of each other.

1 comment:

Debbie Cohen said...

That's absolutely beautiful Jen....