In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Tuesday, July 20, 2010

You've been drinking what all day?

The kids and I were recently up north with my entire family. As with most vacations, it involved lots of fun, sun and a couple of beers...I am not even going to lie! Anyway....

We were at dinner one night and I was looking over the beer selection. P, my (almost) 5 year old, asked if he could get juice. I reminded him that he has been drinking juice all day and he needed to drink water. Without a second thought, he replied, 'well, you have been drinking beer all day!!' The waitress gave me a super-quick once over before averting her eyes. I am sure she would hate to make a drunk mad...which was far from the truth by the way. I was drinking beer all day the day before! KIDS, the can never keep the days straight!!

1 comment:

Krista & Charlie said...

hilarious!!!! Um, Hunter isn't quite at that age yet that he knows what's what. But when something looks like lemonaide in my hands, 99% of the time it is NOT... so I just tell him, "No, sorry, you can't have a sip. It's an adult beverage." Sometimes I have to say the same thing about TV shows and movies, but the latter just DOES NOT sound right -- I can just imagine him telling someone: "Mommy says I am too young to watch 'adult movies' "!!!
Hee hee. Glad you had fun with your fam!
~ Krista