In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Tuesday, May 31, 2011

From underwear to stuffed animals

My 5 year old son is getting older...it's not about the age though, it's about growing out of things! He insisted we get rid of all of his superhero underwear and replace them with plain white underwear. As I stacked the Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Superman, etc. I have to admit I was a little sad. My boy has moved from diapers to pull-ups to superhero underwear to good old fashion Hanes!!



On a completely different level, my 4 year old, A, and I were having a conversation about all of her stuffed animals. P has Elmo he HAS to sleep with, Lia has a pig and blankie she sometimes wants (but much prefers my hair) and A likes to switch off every night. We were talking about all the stuffed animals that made it to bed. 'I slept with panda!' 'I slept with bunny!' You get the point. After the third or forth stuffed animal we reminisced about, I realized this is the ONLY time in her life that she could tell me about her companions in bed without giving me an ulcer!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: