In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Friday, February 15, 2008

Not a collector...Just a briber!!

P is obsessed with the little Disney Pixar Cars matchbox toys. OBSESSED!! Which is perfect for bribing. I know some look down on the bribe but to me it is sanity every now and then! We keep a stash of them in a cabinet (maybe more now than again) and when he goes potty in the toilet, when he is nice to A or when he rectifies a bad behavior when we mention the cabinet and gets his act together...he gets a car!! Not the point but leading up to the story.

You can imagine that he has gotten quite a few cars the last couple weeks. I went into the toy store the other night to grab some more for my cabinet stash. He really wants the pig car named Hamm. I was looking through the HUGE display and couldn't find it anywhere!! I asked a worker only to blown off. Another fellow walked by and I asked him only to be blown off again! It happened a couple times until finally one of the workers told me while still walking past me, 'just grab them up! That is what the collectors do!!" It didn't take very long for the accusation to seep into my brain - he thought I was a collector!! I peeked around the aisle and said, "sir, I am not a collector - I am a briber!! These are for my 2 1/2 year old son!!" Needless to say, he came back and was so nice and so helpful! He even opened boxes and gave me ones the collectors where waiting for! He said they come in and wait all day for shipments!! Clearly these people they call ‘collectors’ that sit at a toy store all day, do not have kids of there own!!

1 comment:

Jes said...

Glad they finally helped you out. And there is nothing wrong with a bribe.