Thanks to my total at Starbucks yesterday being $6.66 and the man that helped me at Walgreens being named Jesus, we made it to church this morning. Not all of us but P and I! A decided to sleep late and R by default had to stay with her.
This was the first time at the new church and it was very nice. I like the church, the people and the Priest too. P on the other hand needs to get used to hushing his voice a bit while at mass. He was trying hard to control his vocal cords but he is my son afterall and as you all know, I have a stage whisper (better known as a big mouth).
He was a bit taken back by not being able to see who was talking and kept asking who was talking and where they were standing and where the piano was and who was playing it. Needless to say, after question 1000 and look 974, I decided we needed to be outside the doors to listen.
He wanted to leave really badly at this point and true to 2 1/2 year nature, he decided he had to voice this opinion. He also decided to save his loudest voice for telling me I DON'T LIKE CHURCH, LET'S JUST COME BACK TOMORROW. Thank goodness nobody heard or at least nobody chose to acknowlege that they heard.
We made it to the end of mass and I am confident that he will get better and better each week. Next week should be interesting with both of them!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you! It takes a long time to get the kids to behave at church. I about walked out too today since the girls were so not in church behavior mode.
Post a Comment