P and A both love going to the bank because they gets suckers. The tellers are always very generous with how many they give us....expect for one teller. Her lips are perched, hair bobbed, and she wears dark framed glasses close to the tip of her nose. She is just the type to be stingy with the goods!!
Today we went to the drive-through to deposit a check. Being the end of the month and the lunch hour, the line was long so I asked for the suckers (note the plural here) right away so she could send them back with the receipt.
Imagine my surprise when one lonely sucker peered through the clear plastic container. It screamed MAJOR FIGHT between P and A or P and I - I really wanted that yellow sucker. Since it was the stingy sucker lady and I was in that kind of mood, I decided despite the line behind me, I was going to get another sucker for the kids and for me too!! I explained to her that we had three kids in the car (I was including myself) and only one sucker in the plastic container. She took her time and sent back two more suckers but one was broken. I left the broken one in the container and sent it back to her. She must have thought that was the end of it....NOPE!!
We went into the bank and got three suckers out of the basket by the front door. Then when I was headed out the door, I decided to explain myself to the personal banker that was sitting closest to the basket. She couldn't believe that the lady was so stingy but also had no problem describing her to me. Apparently she has a reputation with her peers at work as well!!
The personal banker said she was going over there right away to talk to her and asked for my last name. I told her that was not necessary and my last name would remain unknown. We just wanted the suckers. We left but not before I told her that this was the most ridiculous complaint I have ever made...and I have made some complaints in my day.
Anyway, my point is, I have turned into a total mom...Dragging my kids into the bank because we didn't get enough suckers!! As if I don't have enough on my plate!!
As P and A likes to say, Oh Geez!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment