While it was fabulous having the place to ourselves, I am not sure the favor will happen again. Sacrificing a day off for anyone is tough but friend or no friend, coming into work to listen to me and two small children after being out the evening before is a pain in the butt (although we did bring Starbucks)!! While he cut my hair, P kept talking to me, moving the chair back and forth and wanting to sit in my lap. He kept saying, 'mommy, mommy, mommy' until I had to remind him that while I sat at Uncle's station, my name was not mommy...it was Princess. Unfortunately, he did not go for the new nickname.
Nonie's hair looked fabulous as always. I decided to cut bangs. I really like it but the kids...not so much!! When Uncle finished the blow dry, P looked up and said he liked my new hair. After looking a bit longer, he declared he actually liked my old hair better.
While A is very good at verbalizing, she had no words for her mommy's new hair style. She was not looking at the same mommy she knew for the last 14 months. She stayed in Nonie's arms and stared at me and kept saying, 'mommy, mommy, mommy' over and over again. She finally came to me but tears were involved. It was very sad but she did indeed get over it.
The day of the cut when the bangs were in my face...

No comments:
Post a Comment