Right before P's b-day party last week, R took both kids to get ice so I could take a shower. He came home 2 minutes before our guests were supposed to arrive and A only had one croc. I have to admit I gave him a hard time about balancing kids and keeping shoes on their feet. He went back to Jewel but couldn't find it. I called the service desk but nobody turned in a kids light blue croc!! We enjoyed ourselves at the party and after everyone left, P and I decided to head over to Jewel. Long story short (too late), customer service had the croc!! Mystery #1 solved.
A few days later the kids and I had to run to my office to pick something up. On the way to the office, the only place we stopped was to get gas and that was all at the pump. No kids got out of the car. In route to the office, A fell asleep and I had to carry her in when we got there. Anyway, after dragging the kids in the office and gabbing for a couple minutes, we were heading out the door when P told me A didn't have one of her shoes. I figured it was in the car or the parking lot. NOPE! We went back into the office and looked around and NOTHING!! We called the office the next day to see if it came up but nobody had seen the croc. I figured it must have been thrown put the window somehow but I was still baffled because I know how my anal brain works and I thought I would have noticed her without a shoe before walking into the office. We gave up the search but since A is obsessed with her crocs, we bought her 'frocks' at Walmart. She loves them!!
As a side note, she wore them to the hospital and I got quite a few compliments on those $5 shoes!! Hmmm, I get $35 crocs and she wears them all summer without a comment from anyone....I buy $5 'frocks' and I get compliments every three seconds the first hour she is wearing them!!
Back to the story, on Saturday, (2 days after the darn thing came up missing AGAIN) P decides to tell me that he pulled A's shoe off in the office and that is where the little light blue croc was....at my office!! Well, with the bloody head and the slip on the stairs, those light blue crocs went to the back burner of my brain and I forgot about them until I got the following text Monday morning...
Hey Jenny. It's Debbie from work. I just wanted to let you know I found Addie's shoe. I put it on your desk.
Mystery #2 solved!!!
At least we have a back-up pair when we lose them again!!
At Jewel...


No comments:
Post a Comment