In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Friday, August 15, 2008

Starbucks...

I was at the drive-thru Starbucks the other day and P was having a fit in the backseat. He woke up on the wrong side of the bed and we were all suffering...including the man with the headset taking our order.

Anyway, he said, 'what can I get you?' I said 'Valium and a nanny!' Not much was said after that, I gave him my real order and pulled up to the window. The poor guy had clumps of sleep in his eyes (not only disgusting but also - can you work at Starbucks and have sleep in your eyes - hello free access to caffeine)! Anyway, I get up to the window and the guy looks at me very serious and says, 'I understand how you feel about wanting Valium. I take it every morning.' I laughed and he said, 'I am serious, I take a form of Valium every day and I can understand your need for it.' OKAY BUDDY settle down, it was a joke. I don't really want Valium. Please P could complain all he wants, especially in the car, strapped in the carseat!! The carseats are 'Valium' enough for me!!!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

remind me not to go to the starbucks you go to! :)