In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thursday Thirteen - My First One

13 REASONS MY DOGS ARE EASIER THAN MY KIDS

1. They poop/pee in the backyard - NO DIAPERS
2. Their feet don't grow every couple months requiring new shoes
3. Same goes for clothes
4. They chew the same bone for weeks and never ask for a different one
5. Put dry food and fresh water out every morning and they eat when they want
6. They never complain about having the same food day in and day out
7. Can drop them off for a bath and nail trim
8. The bath and nail trim only need to happen every 4-6 weeks
9. They sit contently next to the computer for hours while I work
10. You can watch whatever you want on tv
11. You can leave them alone when you leave the house
12. When you go for a ride in the car, they just jump in (no carseats to deal with)
13. They are happy with any toy you buy them

http://thursday-13.com/

10 comments:

orneryswife said...

Yeah, I always thought dogs were easier. That was a cute list. Happy TT!
tm

Lori said...

Well done. Well, since you have both (dogs & kids), I guess in a way you have the best of both worlds. Even though I do think, in the long run, kids are more rewarding (smile).

My TT this week:
"13 Things I Assure You I Don't Want To See"

samulli said...

Well, I don't have kids myself, but I can see how all of these are upsides to being a dog owner. :) I could probably add one or two others.
But your kids do look adorable, too, I have to say. Such cuties.

kandyblossom said...

LOL...how cute, and how true!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Our dog is not as easy - but the diaper thing is wonderful. *whispers* especially since the husband cleans up the backyard! ;)

Great list - and dayum, your kids are cute!

Anonymous said...

True, true...but my dog just ate my baby's bottle. I guess I should be glad it wasn't the baby wating his dog food!

Anonymous said...

I love these! Especially the one about shoes.

Anonymous said...

Good list!

Jes said...

I like the list. perhaps I can trade in my kids for a dog?

Unknown said...

Great list! See you can totally do this!