In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Monday, February 4, 2008

A trip to Walgreens

The kids and I were at Walgreens in an undisclosed northshore town the other night and the most random (yet so typical) thing happened to me!! There was a lady in the baby aisle (with a nurse) that clearly just had a baby in the last 7-10 days. She had a stroller with the carseat secured on the top. P was milling around and I told him to walk faster because nobody wants a two year old close to their brand new baby.

The conversation went as follows:

Me: "How old is your baby?"

Lady: "Well, um, he is, well, he is one week but he is not with me"

Me: (What the f$%&^) "Oh!" (Continuing to walk)

Lady: "Tanisha, my nurse, thinks I should get used to the carseat and stroller before I bring the baby out of the house and my mom thinks it is too cold for the baby."

Me: (What the f$%&^ and by the way I was wondering - does she think?? Tanisha thinks and her mom thinks but does she think?) "You certainly have 'nothing' bundled well!!"

Lady: "Well, um, this is so embarssing but Tanisha thinks I should get used to carrying the carseat with weight in it so I have my dustbuster wrapped up in the carseat!!"

G-d help that lady and her baby! Good thing she has a nurse to walk her down the road to motherhood!! Something tells me that is the first time she has used her dustbuster!!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

What the f#@$ is exactly right! Only on the northshore! By the way, I almost peed my pants reading that!

Jes said...

How crazy it that!?!? Wait a minute, I live on the north shore and I don't have a nurse nor a dustbuster! Oh wait I do have a dustbuster, but I don't treat it like a baby.

Unknown said...

haha the first time shes used her dustbuster. LOVE IT. :)