In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Thursday, March 26, 2009

Holiday Roooaaaaddsss - Holiday Rooooaaaaaddddss!!

Today we are off on a road trip!! A 1344 mile road trip that will take (hypothetically) 20 hours and 46 minutes. However, I assume the people that work at the mapping places do not take three kids under 3.5 into account when they tell you the time of arrival!! Hmmmm, maybe they should have a button for that....number of kids, size of bladder, need for coffee stops, etc.

Anyway, off we go!! The husband, kids, sister and me! Yes, all of us shoved into a minivan and driving a long distance to get some sunshine and have some good times. We are all so excited.

The plan is to document the good times and find the humor in the not so good times (kid fights, sunburn, entertaining people along the way - not just the people in the car) on my blog! Stay tuned, let's see if I follow through with my big plans of blogging on the road. What else will I have to do but hand sippy cups to kids, pick up dropped toys, control fights, entertain the baby, etc. Did I mention I suffer from motion sickness in the car???

Here's to some good family bonding and some good family fun!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the Sister...ahhhhh
didn't know some of this stuff

Dan said...

Good for you. That sounds like it will be great. Some of my favorite memories are road trips with the family, including Florida. My old man was a machine. Drove 19 hours, stopping just for beef jerky and coffee.

Dan