The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman
Today is the first official day I am working from home for my new job. Of course, today is the day it is wild and loud (oh wait that is always the case) and my REAL work at home is calling my name, let alone the bird and kids that are calling my name as well. I have perched myself in front of the laptop so many times today only to be distracted by a kid, dog, bird or my own inability to focus!
I also feel like I am running a rescue group from my home. My good friend is trying to adopt a dog. I have been so side-tracked with that because I want her to rescue this one particular dog. I have been emailing my rescue contacts making sure her application gets to the top of the pile.
Then another friend calls (out of the blue) and tells me that there is an injured goose on the side of a busy road and he is wondering who to call. The funny thing about that call is that I have Wildlife Rescue saved in my cell phone!! You can never be too prepared to save an animal!!
And while I am 'off-topic' here....Why in the heck do my kids have to play under my chair or dangle from the side of the baby's highchair when they have an entire house to play? And by the way, as I type these words, my chair is slowly moving away from the counter where the laptop is resting. Damn these little children!!
Anyway, I am so off the beaten path here that I thought why not post a blog too!!
Okay back to work...which job I am not so sure yet!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What's the 'new' job??
That's what I wanted to ask too. Are you a professional spammer? Working at home, from the computer....just a guess, spammer. Or, product reviews. Those fake ones on Amazon that make people confident in buying the most recent wonder product. Do you really want me to continue guessing? I'm going to wander into home porn soon :)
Anyway, I'm now following you, so I'll make sure to stop by occasionally and drop you a comment.
Dan
The porn industry is growing during these tough times BUT I am just selling advertsing space for a magazine.
Post a Comment