In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mixed emotions

We are going to Florida!! Yeah us!! I have not been able to bring myself to leave the dogs and bird since our honeymoon and I finally decided to trust one of my nephews with them!! Well, the bird is going to my parents but anyway, the dogs are staying with my nephew!!

So, with a family vacation, comes family planning!! Three more people to pack for than when we went on the honeymoon and even then, once we got to Aruba, we realized hubby forgot his flip-flops! That is still undecided who is at fault for the $40 flip-flops we had to purchase in a hotel gift shop in Aruba.

Anyway, packing for Florida also means shopping for a new bathing suit for Mommmy!! SCARY - Even more scary with a body that gave birth 4 months prior!! I went from cute little suits five short years ago to the full body (with a little skirt at the bottom) suits!! My goodness, so much material! Trying on the bathing suits was horrifying!!! The hips, thighs, the boobs, the florescent lights, the everything!!

Needless to say, I am looking more forward to the CostCo run for snacks and treats!!

2 comments:

Jes said...

WHEN? WHERE IN FLORIDA? DRIVING? DETAILS LADY.

Alicia said...

I'm with Jes, don't leave us hangin'!