I used to see kids in dress-up clothes and think I would never allow my kids to leave the house like that! I have learned, as all parents have, we need to pick and choose our battles. Once my kids started getting to 'stubborn' ages, I started to rethink my premature judgements about 'dressing up' in public, however, my kids never whined to wear power-ranger/princess/Scooby costumes in public....until this morning.
Hubby and son were already in the van and the girls and I were about to head out the door. I took one look at my 3 year old in her pink leotard, pink boa and tutu and asked her to please leave it home. She looked adorable but thinking of her parading around in a leotard at the grocery store was not a thought I cared to entertain. I prepared for battle in my brain because I knew this was one I choose to fight. I almost let her wear the boa but she was having such a tantrum that I had to follow through with this one!! After screams, yells, protests, jumps and kicks, we were headed out the door as one big happy family...not really but she was in every day street clothes as I dragged her out the front door as she held the door frame with dear life. I had to run back in to get something and hubby told me my lovely 3 year old told him to leave mommy!!!
She survived...
Looking forward to the teenage years!
Four hours later...
I am cleaning up the house while hubby washes the van and the kids ride bikes. I peek out the window (because most men have minds that tend to wander from the kids) and low and behold, I see my little honey riding her bike...IN HER LEOTARD, BOA and TUTU!! Not fighting this battle...she's too damn cute AND on daddy's watch!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
Oh...my...gosh...
I remember once, my family was going out to Oregon on vacay 'cuz my dad was working out there. I INSISTED on wearing my batman costume on the plane. I can't believe my parents let me do that!
<3 <3 <3 this blog!
Post a Comment