In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Thursday, March 26, 2009

Moving along

The Players



The kids rock...so far! They have been great! SS and Hubby are behaving too! ;)

For those that don't know, I had a baby 4 months ago. I know, in a perfect world with personal chefs, a huge gym in the house and a personal trainer, that's plenty of time to lose all the baby weight but no such luck. Having 3 is a whole new juggling act and the ball that seems to get dropped is mine. I am not complaining. I love the confusion.

Anyway, before we left the house today, P (my 3 year old) asked me when my stomach was going to get small again. GREAT! Just what I want to hear before putting on a bathing suit.

My good friend earned her title as good friend when she said he was referring to my huge boobs.

While we are on the subject of my 3 year old, I have one more quick story. I bought the movie All Dogs Go to Heaven for the trip. Yeah I know, the title says it all. Obviously the movie is sad because if all dogs indeed go to heaven, they all must die first. Anyway, when P finished watching the movie, he said the movie was scary and made his eyes burn. He was crying!!! Poor thing!!!

My hubby is turning out to be the road block on this trip! Kids are perfect but him....oh my goodness!! He needs to go to the bathroom, stop and get pop, pork rinds, etc. I just asked if pork rinds were one word and he asked if I was typing shit about him....ahhhhhhhh, are you chomping pork rinds at 1am in the minivan...which by the way should be called a miniCRAM!



If this road trip continues smoothly, I may have to look into being a trucker - I already have the mouth!!! I can bring my kids to work, keep them restrained in their carseats (and not worry about looking abusive) and travel the country, and leave hubby at home. Oh the possibilities of it all!!

As I type, I smell the fresh scent of skunk and P is asking who farted! Oh the joys of a road trip.

We just rolled into Kentucky!!!

The gas light has been on forever and we thought we were fine UNTIL we realized the temperature was 50 not miles until empty. Whoops. All of a sudden it's my fault the wrong thing was on the screen in the car and by the way, I am in the backseat with the kids and can't even reach the darn thing. Oh the joys of traveling with a sister and husband....so easy to blame the little sister and wife.

Hubby wants me to note when we stopped for his crunchy and smelly pork rinds, he wanted us to get gas and we said we had plenty of gas.

-- Post From My iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi All!! Glad to hear you are all moving along safely. . . .watch for my brother's family on the road - T&C and 3 kids left about the same time you guys did!

Love you all. Great to see you at school last week JM and kids!

J Squared

Alicia said...

Sounds fun!! However, after a 1000 mile trek with our three I am done for awhile! BTW J's vice is sunflower seeds and they don't smell too good either!

Victoria said...

love these updates!!! continue to have a fun and safe trip!!