In a house full of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.

- Robert Brault








Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thursday 13


I posted the above picture on FB this week and one of my good friends said I was superwoman and I started thinking of all the things that make me feel strong. Least of all a couple of kids in my arms and one in a stroller - that makes me feel very happy and very blessed!!

13 THINGS THAT MAKE ME FEEL STRONG

1. Working out (Sometimes just getting to the gym)
2. Not letting my young children get the most of me during tantrums
3. Having babies drug-free AND not making a big deal
4. Getting through my husband's cancer with a 3 month old and no extra drama
5. Being there for my family and friends no matter what is going on in my own life
6. Seeing the bright side of a situation WHILE it is breaking my heart
7. Being a woman, mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, friend
8. My Hubby
9. The thought of my kids
10. The everyday balancing act of life
11. My parents
12. My sisters (and their families)
13. My very good friends

I would love to know what makes you feel strong too!! I am always looking for additional inspiration!!

www.thursday-13.com

As a side note, I find myself looking forward to Thursday 13 for a lot of reasons, including the challenge of the list, reading your lists and the comments I receive!!! Thank you all for the comments!! They are so much fun to read! I found myself proud that I had 24 comments last week!! A new record for me!! Thank you all for humoring me, stopping by and commenting!! A special thanks to www.ontheverge6.blogspot.com for getting me started with this!!

26 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

it's what we called Girl Power!!!
Thursday13

Anonymous said...

Childbirth with no drugs? You certainly have my respect. I don't know how women manage to go through the 9 months of gestation, let alone labour.

Unknown said...

Great list! Happy T13!

Anonymous said...

What a great list, you are strong!
#3 = me too, 3 of them, all natural childbirth, it seemed like the right thing to do to me. It always surprises me how many people are shocked that I did so & who say they wouldn't/didn't.

Janet said...

You are dealing with a lot and with good humor :-)

Anonymous said...

i want to make TT lists . . . maybe i'll make a blog solely for that haha. i love reading yours! and i feel as if i could have a lot of fun with it . . .SEE YOU THIS WKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

{S.T.U.F.F.} said...

{LUV} your list...it rings so true to what it means to live life as a Woman. Thanx for the inspiration :^)

P.S.: you will need whatever strength that makes #2 'do-able' when your angels reach adolescents:-)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I did childbirth with no drugs, too. Both times. Well, no painkillers; I had to have the IV in 'cause I was high risk.

As for the rest of the list, I'm there with you. A great workout DOES make a girl feel strong! As does that positive, forward-looking attitude. That's why we women are a force to be reckoned with!

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family. I only had two children, one for each arm.

Anonymous said...

You have to actually BE strong not to let the kids get the better of you.

Carrie said...

That's a great list!! :)

Anonymous said...

You really are a superwoman! I hope I'll be able to have the kind of strength you have when it's my turn to be a mum! Hats off to you!

Hootin Anni said...

Excellent subject and perfect score of 13 if you want my opinion. You rock.

My thirteen is now posted...come join me? Happy Thursday.

Kristen said...

Your list is a good reminder to all women that we are stronger than we sometimes think. Thank you.

Mia Celeste said...

Kudos! You seem so happy and so strong. What a great list and a great life. Happy TT!

Deb said...

What a great idea for a list - and definitely a wonderful list of accomplishments! :)

Heather said...

A most excellent list! Thanks for visiting mine earlier!

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

I love this list - it's like giving yourself some love for loving others! Good idea.

Come stop by and enjoy my folk music Hootenanny when you find the time!

Happy TT.

soleil said...

this is an awesome list! i don't have any kids and just the idea of childbirth freaks me out so kudos to every woman who gives birth, let alone naturally!

strenght training and coming out on the other side of a difficult, trying time makes me feel strong.

Anonymous said...

You should feel strong! I'm a firm believer that woman are definitely the stronger sex! Do you think a man could have a baby? *snort* No!

Great list!

mielikki said...

wow, you are strong! I don't think I can even begin to add to that list!

The Gal Herself said...

#4 made me tired, just by reading it. You ARE a strong woman! (Thanks for visiting my TT)

Jes said...

You are one strong lady!

Anonymous said...

An inspiring list from a woman who is clearly very strong.
God bless you and your beautiful family - may you continue to grow strong together.

Unknown said...

Girls rock!! I am comment #26! You beat last weeks record. You rock, my friend! Thanks for the link.

Lydia

CountryDew said...

You have my admiration! You are fortunate to have friends and family to lean on. Blessings to you.